Privacy Notice Talent Attraction Activities
1. Data controller
Helsinki Business Hub Ltd (business ID 2033887-7)
00180 Helsinki, Finland
2. Whom can I contact?
If you have any questions related to the personal data processing or you want to exercise your rights, please contact HBH at email@example.com or Helsinki Business Hub Ltd Oy, Mechelininkatu 1a,00180 Helsinki, Finland.
3. What type of information is collected about me and for what purpose?
Helsinki Business Hub Ltd (HBH) collects personal information from you with your consent in its talent attraction activities in the following ways:
- For this talent pool managed by HBH, HBH collects personal information in order to connect participants to companies with the purpose of recruiting new talent. Information collected with your consent may include: name, email, phone number, work interests, work experience and, if you choose to provide them, information contained in your CV or a third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn. Information is collected directly from individuals who register for the talent pool and is disclosed to the companies or recruitment agencies which register to access the talent pool with the purpose of recruiting new talent.
- For email marketing, HBH collects personal information in order to communicate about job possibilities in Greater Helsinki and other work-related information about Greater Helsinki. Collected information includes: name, email and work interests. Information is collected from individuals who subscribe for HBH email marketing letter.
- If you decide to register to HBH’s service through or grant access to a third-party integrated service such as ones provided by, for example, Google or Microsoft or LinkedIn, HBH may also collect personal information that is associated with your integrated service account.
The information collected is used to:
- Identify the persons looking for work and provide the companies or recruitment agencies recruiting access to names, e-mail addresses, pictures and videos, information from Facebook and/or Linked-In accounts, answers to questions asked through the recruiting, titles, education and other information that you have provided through the Service. Only data that is relevant for the recruitment process is collected and processed.
- If the information is used for purposes of aggregated analysis or market research, the information is always made unidentifiable. Such personal data cannot be used to identify a certain natural person, and as such is not considered to be personal data.
By giving your consent in the Service you give HBH the right to process your personal data according to this privacy notice and for the purposes stated in this privacy notice. You also consent to personal data being collected through the Service, when you make an application in the Service, add your personal data to the Service either directly or by using a third-party source such as Facebook or LinkedIn.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent, however, may mean that you cannot apply for a specific job or otherwise use the Service.
4. To whom may my personal information be disclosed, and may the information be transferred outside the EU or EEA?
We only give our customers/partners or any other third parties access to your data, if you have given your permission for it or if there is a legal ground for it.
In order for us to be able to connect you to the companies recruiting new talent, we ask for your consent to disclose your information to the companies or recruitment agencies which register to the talent pool with the purpose of recruiting new talent. If we have received your consent, we may share your information to said companies.
If personal data is transferred outside the EU or EEA, we ensure an adequate level of security by transferring data only to countries approved by the European Commission as having an adequate level of protection or by entering into contracts using Commission approved standard contractual clauses between HBH and the non-EU/EEA entity receiving personal data.
Once you are contacted by a company or a recruitment agency or you contact a company directly, any data shared or processed from that point onwards between the company or the recruitment agency and you will be covered in accordance with that company’s or the recruitment agency's data protection policy. HBH does not participate in the processing of the personal data shared directly between the companies or the recruitment agency and you.
5. How my personal information is protected and how long we process the information
Only the employees or partners of HBH who have the need to process personal data for their work performance are authorized to use the systems containing personal data. All users have personal login credentials for the used systems containing personal data. The data is collected into databases that are protected using firewalls, passwords and other technological measures. Databases and their back-up copies are located on locked premises, and the data can only be accessed by certain pre-appointed persons.
Unless you re-apply to the service, withdraw your consent or otherwise request the data to be removed at an earlier time, or HBH is obligated to retain the data in accordance with mandatory applicable legislation, the personal data is retained for a period of 6 months from the date of registration to the talent pool and then deleted or anonymized. Your contact details regarding direct marketing are retained for the same period unless you unsubscribe during these 6 months for some reason. HBH assesses the necessity of retaining the data regularly, in addition to which HBH takes care of all reasonable measured used to ensure that the data file contains no incompatible, unnecessary, outdated or erroneous personal data of the data subject regarding the purpose of use of the data file.
6. Your rights as a data subject
Right of access, rectification and erasure
As a data subject you have a right to inspect the personal data concerning yourself, which is stored in the register, and a right to require rectification or erasure of your data using the login credentials created at the time of registering to the talent pool. If your data is erased, you can no longer use the Service.
Withdrawal of a consent
When the processing of information is subject to your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Using this right may mean that you can no longer use the Service. Withdrawals can be made by using the login credentials created at the time of registering to the talent pool or by contacting HBH using the contact details above. If you wish to unsubscribe from the HBH mailing list, you can also use the unsubscribe link in each message.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the data protection regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may lodge your complaint in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In Finland the relevant supervisory authority is the Data Protection Ombudsman (www.tietosuoja.fi).
Right to object processing
You have also right to object processing (e.g., direct marketing purposes) or request the restriction of processing activities. Using this right may mean that you can no longer use the Service.
It is important that you also act diligently and carefully to ensure the protection of your own data. You should always exercise care to keep your login information secure.
9. Updates to the data policy